Breakfast and brunch doesn’t get much trendier than a classic avocado toast – it’s definitely my go to, whether I’m at home or eating out. I like to jazz my homemade avocado toast up a little, with bacon, smoked salmon or poached eggs – and a generous pinch of salt on my eggs, of course!
Salt Pans sent me over a jar of their sea salt flakes with peri-peri to test out, so – inspired by my love of avocado toast – I thought I’d put together my recipe for epic avocado toast, topped with spicy sriracha and a generous sprinkling of sea salt.
You might also like this post, Breakfast at Southsea Beach Cafe, Portsmouth
To make my Epic Avocado Toast you’ll need:
A loaf of freshly baked bread (sourdough or seeded brown are my favourites)
A ripe avocado
A handful of fresh coriander
Eggs (1 or 2 depending on your preference)
Sriracha chilli sauce
Salt for sprinkling (I used the Salt Pans Flor de Sal with Piri-Piri)
- Slice of a hunk of your fresh bread and pop it into the toaster. Pop the kettle on ready for your poached eggs.
- While the kettle is boiling, slice the avocado in half and remove the stone (carefully!). Remove the skin and put your avocado halves into a bowl, and mash them with a fork.
- Roughly chop your coriander and add a handful to your mashed avocado. Add a glug of olive oil and a pinch of salt to your avocado and mix. Set aside.
- Bring water to the boil in a saucepan and gently poach your eggs – runny or hard, depending on what you prefer.
- Time to plate up! Grab your toast and drizzle it with olive oil. Add your mashed avocado onto your toast, pop the eggs on top and squeeze across some sriracha. For the final touches, sprinkle a generous pinch of salt across your eggs and add a few coriander leaves for garnish.
Your epic avocado toast is ready to eat, full of colour and flavour and the perfect way to start your day. I love adding a hint of spice with the sriracha and piri-piri salt – a simple and easy way to make your breakfast a little more interesting! If you’d prefer, you can have your avocado toast without eggs, with smoked salmon, with bacon, with mushrooms – whatever takes your fancy!
If you do try this recipe, I’d love to know what you think – and if you have a favourite breakfast (or brunch!) recipe of your own, let me know in the comments!
PIN IT FOR LATER