Summer is here, and I am so glad! I always associate summertime with strawberries and bubbles (who doesn’t?) and so I was more than eager to try my hand at recreating this glorious cheesecake, using the best of british berries from Marks & Spencer. This No-Bake Strawberry & Passionfruit Cheesecake is so easy to make, takes very little time to throw together and is a real showstopper! The flavours pack a punch, and my mouth is already watering just thinking about it!
To make this cheesecake for 10 people (or less if you’re hungry….) you will need:
- 4 passion fruits (or passion fruit pre-prepared)
- 225g strawberries
- 3 limes
- 200ml double cream
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 500g cream cheese
- 100g unsalted butter
- 200g digestive biscuits (you can munch on the rest while you’re baking!)
- Line a 23cm springform cake tin with baking parchment (I used a square dish as I don’t have a cake tin!)
- In a plastic food bag, crush the biscuits to fine crumbs using a rolling pin.
- Melt the unsalted butter. Put the crushed biscuits in a bowl, add the melted butter and mix until evenly coated.
- Transfer to the prepared tin and press down firmly with your hands into a smooth, even layer.
- Chill for 30 minutes, until firm, or put in the freezer to speed up this stage.
- Meanwhile, make the filling. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the cream cheese, vanilla extract and icing sugar until smooth.
- Pour in the double cream, and beat until well combined, creamy and smooth.
- Juice 3 plus zest 2 of the limes. Fold in the lime juice and zest.
- Remove the tin from the fridge and add the filling.
- Gently smooth the top.
- Cover and chill for 3-4 hours, or until set and ready to serve.
- Hull and slice the strawberries. Extract the pulp only of the passion fruits.
- Release the cake from the tin, remove the baking parchment and transfer it to a serving plate (or if you don’t have a tin, just make it look pretty in your dish!). Arrange the sliced strawberries on top, and spoon over the passion fruit.
And voila! Slice up your cheesecake, enjoy it with your friends and family, and wait for the compliments to start rolling in!
Just look at this masterpiece! I was so pleased with how it turned out, and just how easy it is to make a cheesecake from scratch. It was possibly the most delicious cheesecake I’ve ever eaten (if I do say so myself) and I’m definitely going to be making this again!
If you try this recipe (and you should!) let me know how it turns out – I’d love to see your pictures!
*I was kindly given the ingredients to create this recipe, but all views are my own. It was seriously delicious though! Thank you to the M&S PR team for sending me the ingredients – I’ll be creating this recipe again!*